Short <40min. Feature>41min, TV Episode <45min.
•Adult (Age 18+); Youth ( age15 -18); Children (age 6-14)
•Live-action (Feature and short);
•Animated (Feature and short)
•Documentary (Feature and short);
•Mix-Media (Feature and short)
•Education (Feature and Short)
•Live-action TV Episode or Special;
•Animated TV Episode or Special
•Documentary TV Episode or Special
•Education TV Episode or Special
2017 submission Fees
Deadline: July 15; Feature: $65; Short: $35
Extended Deadline: August 1, Feature: $75; Short: $45
• Films must have a completion date of Jan 1, 2015 or later.
• Acceptable NTSC exhibition formats are: DVD, Blue ray
• All non-English language films must have legible English language subtitles.
• All entries submitted must be suitable for children ages 18 and under.
• Films accepted into the festival must arrive with shipping and customs duties or taxes pre-paid.
• You may submit a completed paper submission form.
Entries received late or incomplete may be disqualified.
• The action of the film should be child & family -driven and the stories should be culturally authentic, timely, and of universal appeal.
• Films submitted to SDIKFF should be made for, rather than about, children and family.
• Film content should be creative, highly original, and demonstrate artistic and technical mastery.
• Content should speak positively to children of diverse backgrounds and cultures and should provide strong role models for both boys and girls.
Criteria for non-acceptance of films into the festival include:
• Excessive or gratuitous violence, nudity, or profanity.
• Content that advocates and supports racial, cultural, religious, or gender bias.
• Any submission not subtitled or dubbed into the English language.
Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. San Diego International Kids' Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the Festival, but the Festival is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the Festival.
• Signed and completed Entry Form (one entry form per film or episode)
.3 preview copies DVD(NTSC only),
• A minimum of one (1) still from the film (color preferred, B&W accepted). Digital stills and press kits are preferred. Stills must be 300 dpi and at least 4"x 5" in size and contain an actual shot from the film.
• You may email stills to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stated submitter will be considered the contact person for the film and thus will be the only one receiving emails and information regarding the status of the film's acceptance in the festival.
San Diego International Kids' Film Festival is a competitive Film Festival. Films accepted are automatically eligible for the applicable competition category. There are three age groups: Children ( age 6-14); Youth ( age 15-18); Adult: age 18+ ; under each age group, there are categories in Live auction ( feature and short); Animation ( feature and short); Mix-media ( feature and short); Documentary ( feature and short). In addition to all official selections being eligible for Jury, Audience and Festival Honors awards, a jury comprised of filmmakers ( both young and adult) and industry representatives will screen all competition finalists, deliberate and announce the results at the end of the Festival.
NOTIFICATION OF ENTRY STATUS:
Filmmakers will be notified on or before August 5, 2016 as to whether or not their film has been officially selected. Upon acceptance you will receive an email verifying your acceptance. Be sure to have email@example.com on your accepted email list.
Or Download the
For Adult Film Makers
For Young Film Makers
|DEADLINES AND ENTRY FEES:
||In general, all SDIKFF Winners receive one certification per award at the award ceremony.SDIKFF trophy is for the winners to order.
Description: SDIKFF's winner trophy is a unique design, featuring a golden metal animated "star" proudly dancing at the top of a yellow crystal pedestal with two bubble chain design. The winner's information will be engraved on the pedestal
Material: Crystal; Total Size" 3"W x 11"H; Base Size: 3" x 3"; Order processing period: 2-6weeks.
For early entries received before July 1, the following entry fees apply:
• Short film or video (under 40 minutes): $40.00 USD
• Feature-length film or video (41 minutes or longer): $80.00 USD
• Children Made film or video: $5.00
• Youth Made film or video: $15.00
For late entries received July 2- August 1, the following entry fees apply:
• Short film or video (under 40 minutes): $60.00 USD
• Feature-length film or video (41 minutes or longer): $100.00 USD
• Children Made film or video: $10.00
• Youth Made film or video: $20.00
All entries and entry fees must be received in their entirety postmarked by August 5,2016